Monday, September 24, 2007

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh ... Wait.

For those of you waiting eagerly, we were able to make it to the zoo on Saturday. Though we did underestimate it in size and scope. We were only able to see about 1/4 of the entire zoo (due to getting a late start and taking it slow for me). But in that quarter we were able to see a lot of animals including: hippos, a giant anteater, a warthog, cheetahs, rhinos, possums, owls, an adorable baby elephant, and visit the insectorium (WAY too many arachnids for me) and the butterfly house. It was a good day, here are a few shots of Beemer along the way.

In the tunnel painted like the inside of a whale - she loved this!

Trying to see in the otter tank "all by myself."

On daddy's shoulders at the lemur enclosure.

Unfortunately, we didn't get to see the lions, tigers, or bears this trip. Its a good thing we can go back often!

2 comments:

WildBound said...

Today, out of the clear blue, NAM turns to me and says "I'm sad Bree moved away. I wish she would stay here." I hear ya, kid.

Pulcheria said...

They must be on the same page. Yesterday Beemer announced that she wanted to ride horses with NAM and Pocketmouse.