Saturday, September 8, 2007

Food Chain

You will all be relieved to know that Beemer's imagination is alive and well. In the absence of other playmates, she has begun to assign personas to everyone around her. Phil is often Talen (her cousin) and Luci has been other friends and family members more than once. Today, we began the morninng with new roles for Ahenobarbus and me. Ahenobarbus was Aladdin, Beemer was the Genie, and I (much to Ahenobarbus' amusement) was Abu -- the monkey. We then moved on to Beemer being a bat which, of course, eats bugs, so Ahenobarbus became a ladybug and I moved down the food chain from a monkey to a kakuhpiyar (caterpillar) and Beemer spent a great deal of time enjoying "eating" us! Ah, the simple joys of being two. If only, I could convince her to make me a lion once in awhile...

3 comments:

WildBound said...

I LOVE that girlie. She is hilarious. I love the stories too. keep them coming!

Desertbound said...

She sounds happy and confident. Way to go guys! What were you so worried about?

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

DB: "You can't tell me worrying doesn't help: the things I worry about end up not happening!"
:)

I don't think the jump from monkey to kakuhpiyar is as big a fall as from Aladdin to ladybug. Ladybug? How did I, the manly man of the family, become a ladybug? Oh well. I may not understand it, but it was fun being eaten by Beemer the Bat.