Friday, June 15, 2007

The Honesty of a Child


After our recent trip to the zoo, Beemer informed me that her favorite animal was her cousin Talen...

When asked what happened when she let go of my hand in the store (I was looking for the answer "I have to ride in a the cart") Beemer said, "I get to walk all by myself!"...

When sharing ice cream with me today, Beemer said "Mommy, I don't need you[r] help, you need my help" right as I dropped a spoonful of ice cream down my shirt...

And when talking to her dad on the phone this week, Beemer said, "Daddy you need to come home and be with us!"

I couldn't agree more - we miss you sweetie!

4 comments:

WildBound said...

Beemer is way too cute. I love watching her and listening to the things that come out of her cute little brain/mouth.

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Aaawe. Now that's too precious. I miss you guys, too. I must admit that, dispite sounding a bit like a dead-beat-dad I loved this post. It was great to read a little Beemer talk from 1360 miles away. Thanks!

Wildman said...

Somehow we lose that honesty and pretend, expecting others to pretend with us. Most of the time they do. Kids, I am afraid just don't know how. But we sure teach them who's right don't we.

Thanks for the laughs. I am certain I have heard similar things from my kids mouths.

CowboyBob said...

Kids are so refreshing. Thanks for sharing yours.