Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What We Did on Our Summer Vacation

Although blogging was not on the agenda, we did have lots of fun this summer.

In May, (I know, it wasn't technically summer yet) I got to attend one my favorite parts of Beemer's pre-school days: the Mother's Day program. Her class sang and danced for their moms and then served us refreshments!

Beemer and me

Beemer and her teacher

Beemer and her best friend in preschool!

I had to include this picture of my favorite Mother's Day gift - my own Zen Garden. Beemer painted the objects and glued them all in with the help of our next door neighbor.
I love it!

June started off with Beemer loosing her first tooth... and then her second later the same day!

And then her third ten days later...

And then her fourth a few days after that!
(They are starting to grow back.)

In July, we went to Utah to visit our families (well, the girls and I went to Utah while Ahenobarbus went to Leeds, England and joined us afterward). We had a fantastic trip! We watched movies, played miniature golf, spent lots of time with family, went to the zoo,

played in the river and had tin foil dinners, camped, ate amazing food, danced

struck a pose (or two), played with cousins,


and spent hours and hours playing in the sprinklers/pool!

Oh, and Ahenobarbus and I also got the chance to hike Subway Canyon in Zion National Park - it was inspiring to say the least!

It was tough to leave all of that fun. And when we got back to St. Louis, it took a few weeks to get back into the swing of things.

But we did fit in one day to pick blackberries and make freezer jam.

One short week later, Beemer started Kindergarten. But that is another post...

7 comments:

WildBound said...

love it! and wow do I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yea for an update!! A very nice one, by the way. Just makes me miss you guys all the more. Love the picture of the four girls. Perfectly captures their personalities, if you ask me. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. It was perfect!

Natalie said...

I wish we had met up in Utah. Maybe next summer. It looks like you've had a fun summer. I'm ready for school to start next week.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

LOVE all the pics! And I'm freaking out that Beemer lost all those teeth SO EARLY!!! WOW!

Carolyn said...

How fun! And wow, that is a lot of teeth to lose in such a short time. I bet eating got a little harder until she got used to it. You're looking great, Jan, by the way.

Carrie said...

I love the new look of your blog! Fun pictures too. (Abby is so jealous of Beemer's teeth loss!)