Friday, September 3, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten


After a summer of waiting, Beemer has finally started Kindergarten. As you can see, she looked adorable and was SO excited! She has a great teacher and loves school. The first day was no big deal for her. Her favorite part? Riding the bus!

Beemer and her friend who lives around the corner (they are lucky enough to be in the same class and ride the bus together).

This picture may seem a bit odd, but I wanted to make sure I included one of all of the ladies from my neighborhood that were there that day. Only two of us had kids getting on the bus - but the other three came to support us (it was a bittersweet day). Having them unexpectedly show up at the bus stop was evidence of the amazing women they are and it made Beemer feel special to have her friends there.

Posing for one picture before getting on the bus. (It was kind of funny that all five kids at our stop posed for their parents before getting on the bus.)

And off she goes...

3 comments:

Kristin said...

The past few years I have had the pleasure of entering my school right after our start time of 8:30. I had never thought about what it's like for parents to leave kids in their new class on the first day. Now I know how many tears are shed by parents as they see their sweet ones begin their first day of kindergarten (or preschool or whatever). Makes me cry just thinking about it! That's so neat that your friends came to support you. You must have the best friends. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, thought I was over the crying, but looking at this I teared up again. She's so grown up! And of course, adorable.

WildBound said...

yeah, i get a little misty-eyed there with the last picture. :)