Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Day

Last week we got fourish inches of snow which meant that we had a snow day. (I know this seems laughable in comparison to the feet that the East coast got. But for St. Louis, this is a decent storm). So, I bundled up the girls and we headed outside to play in the snow before it was gone. It felt a little weird to me to "play" in three inches of snow and two inches of mud underneath, but Beemer was so excited to get outside in it!

This sled is great for pulling the kids - and it deflates afterward so I can store it easily for the 362 days each year we don't use it.

Audi thought the first time around was great fun! She giggled the entire time.

The second time around wasn't so successful. The worst part was when she tried to brush off her face with her snow-encrusted glove!

After I got her back on her feet, she decided to play on the slide for awhile. She did get back onto the sled for another ride before we went inside and told Beemer that it was "good, fun."

2 comments:

lulu said...

I should have come out to join you. I was playing the "it's windy and cold" card. Lame. Oh yeah, and my kids were sick. Still lame.

Amanda Miller said...

We finally got out today in the snow, but since we don't have a backyard, it was a short time. Still fun though! Cute girls!