Thursday, February 18, 2010

And the Winner is. . .

A few weeks ago, Beemer asked for a new "Fashion" Barbie while we were at the store. In the time honored tradition of mothers everywhere, I said, "Not today sweetie." She agreed patiently. When we got home she asked if she could buy the Barbie with her own money. Beemer is very careful with her money. She is saving it for a trip to Utah (whichever trip happens to be coming). Her offer to use it told me how much she wanted the Barbie. So, I agreed.

We went back a few days later, money in hand to buy the Barbie. Inside the box was a "pink ticket" to register online for an "instant win game." Not being a fan of these 'games' personally (perhaps because I never win anything), I have never entered Beemer in one. But for some reason I decided I would that day. So, we sat down together and she filled out the information on the computer and entered her "ticket." Moments later, the computer declared her a winner! Beemer liked the idea of being a winner that day, but I don't think she realized what it meant until this week when her prize came in the mail!

She won --

A Barbie Dream Bathroom! She was SO excited!!

Her favorite part is the pink and purple toilet. It was a fun, unexpected perk to our day! In her words, it was "the best day EVER!"

8 comments:

lulu said...

That's awesome! Kind of similar to that day when I thought I won a car, but then, you had won too. Stupid to get your hopes up and then be shattered after you went through all the hard work to actually see if you won.
Yay for Beemer! She actually won. Wahoo!

Natalie said...

How Fun!! I never win anything either.

Amanda Miller said...

What more could a girl need?

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, SOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome! I bet she was thrilled!

Desiree said...

What an awesome reward for saving her money for a special toy and then getting a bonus on top of it all!

Natalie said...

That must have been a lot of excitement at your house. How fun!

Timmses said...

Hmmm...if she is so lucky with winning, I hear the state lottery is a great way to pay off student debt. I'm just sayin'...

Carolyn said...

What! I didn't know there were actual prizes for things like that. I figured it was a hoax to get people to buy the product. Good for you, Beemer!