Friday, May 1, 2009

My Blue Dress

When I was about one, my Mom crocheted a beautiful blue dress and had my picture taken in it. Unfortunately, I don't have the pictures (they are in storage) to share. But I do want to share these pictures of my girls in the dress.

Beemer when she was about 1 and a half - I was a bit late getting this picture. (Don't mind the deer-in-the-headlights-look, at this age it was either this or completely cheesy smiles for her.)

Audi at one. Sitting in Aunt Jojo's rocking chair. The dress fits her perfectly now and I really want to show it off, but I am so protective of it. I'm still undecided about her wearing it to church. So, for now I'm contenting myself with just sharing pictures. Enjoy!

7 comments:

WildBound said...

It really is a beautiful dress...and beautiful girlies, too! I'd love to see your pictures of you in it!

Michelle & Troy Satterthwaite said...

What a cute dress! Darling girls too! When I was little my great grandma made a girl and boy baptism outfit, my mom never had boys so 30 years later got to wear it. Treasured moments!

Nate and Sum said...

I love the dress. I can't believe Audi is one. Time flies.

Carolyn said...

The dress is adorable. Way to go keeping it in great condition. I don't blame you on not wanting to wear it to church. My girls dresses get as dirty as anything.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

That is so awesome!!!!!!! I swear I had a doll that wore a dress VERY similar to that dress!

PrincessJulia said...

Your girls look so cute in that dress. I think it is great that you have something that special with your girls.

Natalie said...

What a pretty dress!