Friday, April 3, 2009

Trouble

Audi is trouble. Adorable, cuddly, loveable - yes; but trouble all the same. Let me begin by emphasizing that WE HAVE A BABYGATE at the top of the stairs to the basement. However, there are also three stairs to go out the backdoor and due to the width of the gap and the angles of the walls above these three stairs we are having a difficult time finding a gate that will block them off. Also, because Audi likes to eat the cats' food and play in the cats' water (right next to said stairs), we found what we thought was a good temporary solution. We block the entire area off by lying down a chair from our dining room.

This plan worked well, until Audi saw the cats climbing through the legs of the chair. At which point, she promptly did so herself (to get to the cat food, not the stairs). She was so proud of herself that I had to snap a quick picture before I removed her from the area.

We are currently working on a new plan. Who knew cat food tasted good enough to be so alluring?

(Yes, Audi is in her Halloween costume, she and Beemer were playing dress up. The costume was Beemer's idea because nothing else really fits Audi right now.)

8 comments:

PrincessJulia said...

Just so you know James ate cat food at Audi's age. Mom got really worried but all dad said was that he would have a nice shine coat of fur, maybe it will be the same for Audi. Either way she sounds like is a little genius that is difficult to out smart. Let me know when I solution is found. If anyone can find it it is you!

Harles said...

I seem to remember Audi's father being rather fond of catfood a few years back.....

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Well, you could just put gates up all over the house!! :) What a little smarty pants and such a funny mischievous look!!!

sheree said...

We also live in a gated community. Jackson believes the gate on his room is to "keep the dogs out", its 1/2 true...
Anyway. Jason's parents block their extra step with a big piece of cardboard (try it behind the chair). This method works great on Tim's 3 girls. It was completely ineffective for Jackson.
You could also cut some wooden wedges to mount a gate on so that the walls seem square and you just need n extra long gate.
Good Luck!

Michelle & Troy Satterthwaite said...

Hi January! I hope you don't mind I found your blog thru Jamie and then Spring's blog. Your girls are darling! A few of us from high school have connected with facebook and I have been wondering how you are doing! Beautiful family! Well I just wanted to say hello! Take care! Michelle Lewis-Satterthwaite

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Trouble is right! What a little scamp. She is cute, though.

@ Harles: I was less fond of feline cuisine than I was of the shocked faces when others saw me pop a kibble into my mouth... I suppose Audi may have a similar attitude. If so, WE'RE in trouble, soon. [shudders]

WildBound said...

That's gotta be the most mischievious grin ever. Oh so yummy. I used to eat cat food when I was a wee little one. I remember it being quite tasty...I also ate horse food (grain) again, yum. Oh well....

Desertbound said...

Trouble with a capital "T"! Cute with a capital "C"!