Sunday, June 29, 2008

Father's Day - Finally

This year, unlike past years, I began plotting for Ahenobarbus' Father's Day gift months ahead of time. After requesting the talents of Wildbound and Scout, and the assistance of Desertbound and The Rock in March, I then attempted to wait patiently.

Here is the result:


The picture was taken by Wildbound in March and then rendered AMAZINGLY in charcoal by Scout. The Rock and Desertbound assisted in the framing and shipping.

The gift didn't arrive until the Monday after Father's Day. When I pulled out the picture, it brought tears to my eyes. I wanted to capture a moment, not create a portrait, and both Wildbound and Scout were able to do so much more than I imagined. After Beemer and I unpacked the picture, we hung it on the wall with a card we made to surprise Ahenobarbus. Below is the video of Ahenobarbus' shock when he saw it. When he walked into the room the first thing he saw was the card. It's pretty obvious when he realized what the card was on. The video is pretty good, but the batteries in my camera died before I got his complete reaction (and his pleasure at having an ORIGINAL by Scout).



Here is Ahenobarbus with Beemer and the picture. It took a bit of work to get a picture of the picture without a glare so you can see just how amazing it is.


Thank you, everyone, who helped to get this gift here.
And to Ahenobarbus, thank you for being such an amazing Dad and for inspiring the best in all of your girls!

We love you!!

9 comments:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

The piece is an amazing work of art. I LOVE the fact that it was such a complex, drawn-out project consipired upon by my my bride and my dearest adopted family members.

I love it more every time I look at it. You may conspire against me in this fashion any time! Thank you all.

The Cooks said...

Wow it is so beautiful. Great job to those of you who did it. It looks just like them. I love pictures like that. You deserve it Danny, you are a great dad! Jan what a good wife you rock.

WildBound said...

I agree, it took my breath away the first time I saw it (and I only saw a photo of it...) Scout is amazing!!!

Canyonsrcool said...

Wow. I don't have any other words . . .

Bethany said...

Ditto on the WOW! You have beautiful children, worthy of their artist.

Jamie said...

That picture is amazing! I love it. What a precious gift. You have some very beautiful girls and some very talented friends!

CowboyBob said...

I'm not often made speechless, but this one did it.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

That pictures is AMAZING!!!! WOW!!! I am seriously in love with it and the size is stunning. I love the video too and it's hilarious what Beemer is wearing, what a cutie!

Desertbound said...

It was so much fun watching this project unfold! I am still shaking my head at the whole thing. So proud of my Scout and happy to have been "in on it"!