Tuesday, October 9, 2007

She'll love me for this when she's older...

Another big milestone - Beemer is potty trained! I share this not because of the milestone for her, but for me. For some reason this "experience" was the one that came with motherhood that I was dreading the most (pre-adolescence). I say "for some reason" but I know why - I wasn't looking forward to cleaning up accidents. So, I found reasons to wait - not while I was still working, not right before the move, not while I was so sick. Then, I ran out of excuses. To Beemer's credit, we had only ONE shaky day. Then she got it.

Now she reminds us regularly what a big girl she is and we emphatically agree. I know there will still be some educable moments along this voyage (for both of us) and I am sure I'll find cause to blog some. But for now, I am relishing in the intelligence of my daughter and her bodily knowledge. And in my pure, dumb, luck!

3 comments:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

What?! No picture?

PennStateMama said...

Congrats! What an accomplishment! Hope 'the big girl' has lots of princess underwear (sans ruffles, of course).

nelsonville said...

I am so excited for you all! What an accomplishment! Now, you'll only have to worry about diapers for one come February! Love ya tons!