Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Cavalry

They came, they unpacked (and CLEANED), they left (much too soon for me and especially Beemer). My sisters came to rescue us this weekend from the tormet of boxes and chaos. Thanks to financial backing and childcare from my Mom, they were able to fly in Saturday night and got us unpacked, cleaned and organized Sunday and Monday.

Today before they flew home, we did a little sightseeing. We took them to the Arch, though we didn't have time to go to the top, so that will have to wait until the next trip. This picture is the three of us and Beemer walking to the Arch. We also drove through St. Louis a bit, but mostly we stayed in the air conditioning.

It probably wasn't the most exciting or entertaining trip of their lives, but it may have been the most productive, and it is by far the most appreciated! As Ahenobarbus put it, "Hey, there's actually a garbage can IN my bathroom now!" (Previously, it had been in our bedroom until there was room for it in the bathroom.)

Oh and for my update: Not only are we unpacked, but I felt good enough to leave the apartment, whether that was my sisters or the "12-week miracle" remains to be seen. But I'll take it either way!
Thanks guys, we love you!

5 comments:

WildBound said...

Hooray for Family!

Canyonsrcool said...

Way to go!

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

They did a terrific job, and I'm very happy they came. May they not be the last visitors from Utah - our home is yours (still watching the fares, Trist?)

Emily said...

Yay! Good for you! Sounds like things are set to just have fun in Sept. Can't wait to see you!

BillyCheese said...

That had to of been nice. Small vacations are nice. My sister got annoyed with my parents and I for not wanting to do anything but sit around on our vacation.