Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Haircut

Beemer has been blessed with very thick hair. It swings when she walks and shines in the sun. However, it also snarles very easily. I condition and detangle it after every bath, and she still cries when I comb it out (I don't blame her). So, I decided it was time to give her another haircut.

This is right before we started the haircut. We discussed how short to cut it and compromised with the just under her chin (the length of her bangs now that she is growing them out).

However, once the length was off her hair, it bounced up to just above her chin - just where she wanted it. This is right after I finished.

And this is after we styled it - which with this cut means I brushed it and flipped some back for the picture =). She LOVES it. She asked if I thought people would think she's a teenager! And me, I like it more than I thought I would. I just can't believe how grown-up she looks!

5 comments:

Sheree said...

I love it! I always liked a fresh haircut at that length. So fun to swish.

Jamie said...

Adorable! I love that she asked if people would think she was a teenager. haha. Isn't it crazy how kids want to grow up so fast???

Michelle & Troy Satterthwaite said...

very cute! She is darling!

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

She's super-cute. I'm also very impressed with your hair-cutting ability.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

She is so darling, I love her new do!!!