Monday, February 1, 2010

Alive and Well

Yes, we really are. Unfortunately my camera cord is not (it got ran over by the office chair), so the downloading of all pictures came to an abrupt stop for a few weeks. I kept thinking that I would get a new cord and put off posting until I did so. That hasn't happened. So here is a picture-less update from the last month.

- We all went to Utah for Christmas and spent some much needed time with family and friends. While there, we visited two hot springs--SO relaxing-- and tried to get our fill of "winter" sports involving snow and ice - sledding, skating, fort building, snow ball fights, etc. Also, one day of our trip Audi started using full sentences kind of out of the blue - she is so adorable.

-AT started back at school. He is really busy between his own research and classes as well as the sections he is teaching and his Bishopric duties. But the girls and I love the time we do get to spend with him!

- Beemer is also back at school and "thrilled" about it because she missed her classmates "so much more than expected" over the break (her words).

- Celebrated my birthday the middle of January. Beemer made sure that I had a cake and presents and that she, AT and Audi took me to lunch (It was the first time she was so concerned about the milestones that make up a birthday - she was so sweet about the whole thing). It was a great day! Also, I pooled all of my birthday money to get a netbook so that I can get online while the girls are playing. Hopefully, this will allow more posts and solve my picture problem because I can just transfer the SD card!

-Spring is coming to St. Louis. The geese have begun their return migration and the bunnies are once again out and about. I LOVE that spring starts in January/February here. I am ready for the cold to end. Maybe it will start to feel like spring by the end of February.

I think that is all of the major things. For all of you patient readers out there - you know who you are- I'll see what I can do about getting some pictures up later this week!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

How fun to spend Christmas in Utah! Sounds like heaven!!!

Kristin said...

Hi, Jan. I always remember the day of your birthday because I once asked you and you only said the date, and I was like, Hello, would you mind sharing the month too?

Also, I thought you meant OUR Spring was coming to St. Louis, and I thought, Ah, won't that be neat??!!! Then I read on. . . I think I need to go wake up!
Thanks for the update!
Kristin

Desertbound said...

Happy belated Birthday! I'm so sad that we weren't able to hook-up while you were in Ogden. Hopefully next time. Hug the girlies and the hubby!

Pulcheria said...

@Kristin: Thanks! And just FYI, I almost put a comment about the season not the person in my post, but decided not to at the last minute. lol

Kris Hewitt said...

We thought about you while we were in San Diego! But who knew we were probably in Utah at the same time. Might have collide next year!

chicagosapps said...

Beemer is such a social butterfly. Can't wait to get back to her friends after Christmas break--what a cutie!

Hooray for Spring! If it comes so early down there, we may need to come visit because we get nothing but chilly here until May.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

LOOOOOOVE your updates, pictures or not! :) I'm so glad Beemer made sure you were spoiled, she's such a sweetheart!