Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Macawlie

The highlight of the zoo for Beemer was our visit to the Build-A-Bear shop. She got to pick out her own animal (she picked a Macaw, who would have guessed?) and watch it stuffed. When it came time to put the heart in, she asked Grandma to kiss it first. It was so sweet! Then she picked out clothes and glass slippers and named her - Macawlie. She also helped Audi pick out a cute Bunny, which Ahenobarbus named Rudolph.


The most memorable part of this story, though, came at the end of the week. When we took everyone back to the airport, Beemer had a hard time. She cried all the way home, repeating "Grandma" over and over. It was heart-wrenching. But as soon as we got home, she stopped crying, went to her bedroom to get Macawlie from her bed, hugged her tight and said, "When I hug Macawlie and close my eyes tight, its like Grandma is here with me, because she kissed the heart inside of her." It was so tender and sweet!

3 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, melt your heart!!!!!!! That is so sweet! I bet her grandma was happy to be loved so much! I love build-a-bear!

Desiree said...

She's a fun kid!

Jamie said...

What a cute story.
We must have just missed you guys! We are in Utah now.
I know what you mean about the missing grandma....tears my heart out every time we have to say good-bye. Thank goodness for technology and webcams!