Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Snoozin'

I'm not sure if it's that we are still recouperating from the change from Daylight savings;
or a family-wide growth spurt;
or if our lives are so exciting that both girls fall asleep whenever they slow down;
but lately we've had a lot of snoozing going on - and not necessarily in beds.

Last week, after dinner Beemer was playing blocks, and so was Audi, or so we thought. Ahenobarbus and I were deep in conversation at the table and turned around to find this:

Then a few nights later, Beemer asked to watch a movie. So, I set one up for her and sat Audi down with some toys. My phone rang, so I walked into the other room to talk so Beemer could hear her movie. When I got back I found this:





Then, last night, Beemer announced that she wanted to "rest" and went to get in bed. I didn't think much of it, she pretends to sleep once in awhile. But when she asked to lie in bed and watch a movie, I knew what was coming. So, I set her up with our portable DVD player, and when I checked on her 20 minutes later, she was sleeping peacefully. Audi followed soon after. Both girls were in bed and asleep by 7:30 (their bedtime is usually around 8 or 8:30). I got to relax and watch TV until Ahenobarbus got home. Don't get me wrong, it was awesome, but it also makes me laugh!

5 comments:

WildBound said...

I love it! Growing is such tiresome work, naps are the best.

Jamie said...

That is every parent's dream! (and some cute pics, too!)

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

That is such a cute post Jan! How funny! And I love how Audi is a little thumb sucker. She would fit in well around here. :)

Anonymous said...

The first picture cracks me up! She definitely takes after her Aunt Jodie in that one!

chicagosapps said...

Don't you love that feeling when everyone's asleep early? It reminds me of when I was a kid and we would have a snow day. The relief! The joy! The fun! If it ever happens here, I refuse to clean, do dishes, or laundry, and I just do something sinful like watch tv or read a book. LOVE IT!