Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Just Beemer






Our favorite family ice cream spot, Spanky's (yes, that is their real name) closed for the season this past weekend, necessitating many "last" trips. In memorial of many delicious summer evening trips, I am sharing my favorite Spanky's moment from last week:

Trip One:
Beemer: Mom, I want chocolate ice cream in a cup.
Me (ordering): I'd like a scoop of chocolate in a cup, kiddie size please.
Later...
Beemer (staring quizzically at her icecream): Dad, look at my ice cream, its supposed to look like a kitty. (Neither Ahenobarbus or I clued into what she was talking about at the time.)

Trip Two (two days later):
Beemer: Can I have chocolate again please?
Ahenobarbus (ordering): One scoop of chocolate in a cup...
Beemer (interupting): Wait, wait, this time I want a doggie one, not a kitty one!

It's all so clear now!

5 comments:

Sheree said...

I love homonyms. I should add that to the list, I'm sure its not there yet.

The picture to the right with your girls is very cute!

Carolyn said...

Your girls are so beautiful!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Ohhh, she's such a gorgeous girl! I love the way you do her hair and I can't believe Audi has pigtails!!!

CowboyBob said...

Kids' logic is so refreshing.

Rachel said...

have you been to ted drew's... it is custard and dang good... always a line, i like the peach one the best.... you should try it