Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Waiting Game


Luci and Phil have a new pastime. They have found that in the morning, the sun is at just the right angle to play a new game. They sit for hours on the back of the couch watching the window and waiting. When an unsuspecting bird flies by, casting it's shadow, they pounce -
at the window and fall back onto the couch or behind it. They have had some interesting landings, one or two of which I thought would teach them a lesson. But each morning, there they are, back on the couch, waiting.

4 comments:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

I still disturbs me when I'm sitting there and hear that loud "thump." But it's only moments before they're perched right back there, again.

WildBound said...

HA! I love it. I could probably watch THEM all day.

Canyonsrcool said...

That's awesome, I would have a cat just so they would do that.

DreamPacker said...

Then there is Ninja who actually catches the birds.(three in the last week) I still can't believe cats are fast enough to catch a creature who FLIES. I have seen her catch a dragonfly. (I took it away from her and let it go)